Pages I Like

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Some of my Favorite products from December and January.

Hello again my friends.  Im back to give you a review of some of my favorite products I purchased in December and January.  Some will include photos others i don't have (sorry.)  I'm also going to include a few things I've purchased and didn't like too much.  Some are beauty others not.

I will do a full review on my Dinair Airbrush Makeup System on my next post. So make sure you stay tuned.

Okay 1st up is some Polishes that I Love!!!



These are from Color Club.  They are the 1st of this brand that I've purchased. I got the set at Burlington Coat Factory for $3.99 I think.  These polishes are so sparkly and glittery.  Of course they are Pink and Purple (my absolute favorite colors).  I was out shopping for the kids and picked these up.  My husband spotted them first.  Yes he is trained to spot nail polishes from across the store lol.  Just kidding but he does keep his eye out for me.  So they had a few different brands and sets on sale.  So many that it was tough deciding.  But for me when in doubt i always go with the pinks and purples.  For Everything. 
Now for a little bit about these fabulous polishes.  They are mostly flakies. Except the 2nd from the left which is a fuschia glitter in a pink gelish base.  I do recommend All of these at toppers except the last polish on the right.  Which is a Fuschia Flakie with a darker fuschia gel base.  It is loaded with flakies and you get tons on every dip of the brush.  i used this over a white and Loved it.  The first polish is a purple i want to say hex polish but its not a normal hex. These are sort of "rolled up" now i don't know if this was purposely done or if it's a mistake but either way i think it's pretty cool.  You could use this over a clear base but it would look much better over a color.  Now the last is the silver.  It is sort of a flakie sort of a glitter. It has a clear base and is again like the other loaded with both glitter and flakies (i love that word for some reason lol). These polishes have a great formula and go on absolutely gorgeously.  I can't wait to get back to Burlington and get some more.


Next up is this really good cuticle cream.  This is by Orly and it's called Cuticle Therapy Creme.  I decided to try this because my cuticles and finger tips are extra dry during the winter months.  I have to say this is a product i will absolutely buy again.  First off it smells really good. Sort of like a cocoa butter but not really.  It is a thick formula that is somewhat greasy until you rub it into your fingertips and cuticles.  I usually do this at night before i go to sleep.  You don't need a lot of it either just a small amout will do.  I really like this product.  You can purchase this product at Sally Beauty Supply. Just click the link. I believe this was somewhere around $8. 


 

These two gems are brand new and part of Wet N Wilds fast dry collection.  I love these 2 babies too.  The pink is a gorgeous light pink glitter polish is a very light pink base.  It's called Can  Can You Hang.  This works really well over a white, or darker pink.  It is very sheer so it would take probably 3 coats to cover well.  The second one here is The Star of the Show.  This one is a clear base with micro holo glitters and silver holo stars in it.  I found this one to be a little thick making the stars a little harder to come out.  But because its a fast dry you are able to put a few coats on quickly making sure you get an adequate amount of stars.  I love the WnW fast dry polishes.  Though they originally only had about 20 colors i saw that they added a bunch more recently.  These were the only 2 I purchased from the new set but I'm sure soon enough i will get the rest.

 
 
So this really cool polish is from BlackHeart Beauty. I purchased this at Hot Topic for $3.99.  This polish is called Berried Alive.  First let me say it is a gorgeous purple GLOW IN THE DARK polish.  Yes it really glows. Though not purple it glows green but thats okay.  It is a sheerer polish so I highly recommend 3 coats for full coverage.  You do have to "charge it up" by placing your hands near a light for a minute.  It glows very brightly once "charged."  It is a matte polish that didn't chip on it's on but when i put a matte top coat over it It chipped quickly.  It looks gorgeous with a matte or a shiny top coat.  I also got this in a hot neon pink which also glows. (sorry no photo)  Another product that I loved.
 
 


Now most of my posts have been polish related but my addiction isn't limited to polish as you will soon find out.  Im a makeup addict. I love it. I am a firm believer no woman over 30 should leave the house without some makeup on. 
So this set was a present from my husband for my birthday.  I got it late but it was well worth the wait.  He purchased it from Sephora for $49.50.  It says it is limited edition and evidently Sephora releases a big kit like this every year around the holidays.  We were able to get free shipping because we also purchased another 1 for my 15 year old daughter.
Can I just say how much I absolutely love love love this makeup.  The kit is not very big however, it is loaded with really good quality products.  It has a ton of eyeshadows, lip glosses and 6 blushes and bronzers. It also has 20 (i think) gel eyeliners in gorgeous colors.  It has eyeshadow toppers that have so much sparkle.  The eyeshadows are really pigmented and go on beautifully.  They feel like silk on your eyelids.  I don't use it often because i want to keep it looking beautiful.
I must also say my daughter loves this makeup even more than I do.  She was so excited on Christmas morning when she opened it.  Within an hour she had a face full and gorgeous blues on her eyes. This was definitely worth the price and I think I will be buying one at the holidays every year now.


Ok now Ive got 2 more things I want to talk about neither are beauty or fashion related but it related to something i love almost as much.  FOOD.  These are a bit random but hey so am I.


1st up is a gift from my husband.  I got it early when my hand mixer died in the middle of a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies. This is the Kenmore stand mixer.  I got it in red.  I can't even begin to express how much i love this badboy.  It came with 3 different attactments. 1 for dough and cakes, another for wisking things like whipped cream and a dough hook, for making breads.  It also came with 2 stainless steel bowls. The larger 1 is 5 1/2 quarts and has a handle.  The little one is 3 quarts with no handle.  It is perfect for the dry ingredients when making cookies.  I made so many different kinds of cookies in no time.  You can turn it on and do something else while it's mixing.
I want to also add that Kenmore is made by Kitchenaid so all the cool attachments from the Kitchenaid stand mixers will fit on this one.  This one is actually better that the Kitchenaid one.  It has a larger bowl, high speeds for mixing and its quite a few dollars cheaper.  This baby will be used quite often in this house. Im so happy my husband got this for me. 


Ok so last but not least and probably the most random thing here but I really wanted to include something that I absolutely did NOT like.  This is a pot pie from KFC. Let me start off by saying after seeing the commercial for this i had to try it.  It looked great when i got it. It had a gorgeous golden crust on top (only on top none on the sides or bottom very disappointing.) Inside it was filled with a yellowish color "gravy" it also had big chunks of potato (tasted like canned potatos not fresh) it also had large pieces of carrots, peas and a few pieces of chicken. Not very many.  Let me just say I thought this was absolutely disgusting.  Whatever the sauce/gravy was it ruined the entire thing including the crust.  I can't even begin to say how disappointed i was. I will NEVER get this again.



Well That's all for now folks.  I know it was very random but i hope at least a little entertaining.  I'll be back in a day or so with my review of my Dinair Airbrush.
Thanks for all the love and support. Please share my blog with everyone you know.


If you have a product you'd like to hear about please let me know and I'll do my best to try and review it.

Love Peace and Sparkles,
<3>Raspberry Shortcake <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment