Pages I Like

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Kelara Lacquers Creates an RSD Awareness Nail Polish!!

Good evening all and thanks again for joining me. Tonight I want to write to tell you about this really Amazing Company.

A few months ago while "window" shopping for polish online I came across a brand new company called Kelara Lacquers. It was started by a soon to be husband and wife team Tara and Kellan. So while checking out their store i saw their Colors for a Cause collection. That's where my plan came into action. I contacted Kelara Lacquers and asked if they would be interested in making the 1st ever RSD Awareness Nail polish. They were excited to work with me on this project.
I explained to them what RSD was (already creating awareness). I also told a little bit of my journey and shared info about my support group RSD United. After that I told them what colors represent RSD (orange and red). Because of the burn we feel. I asked for a metallicy orange with some sort of red glitter or flakies. So after some trial and error with the colors and flakies "Put Out the Fire" was born.

Over the past week Tara contacted me and let me know we were ready to go. She also shipped me the very 1st bottle. Which i received on Tuesday. The first batch of Put Out the Fire was released on Monday. It sold out in 24 hours.

I can't tell you how perfect this color is. When i think of what RSD would look like this is it!!! It looks like that intense orange/red color in the middle of a flame.
Not only does this polish look good but it goes on well. It has great coverage in 2 coats. It is textured from the flakies but I found it covered easily with 1 layer of top coat. It's a perfect metallic.

The cost is $9 for a large bottle $4.75 for a mini. However, Kelara Lacquers has offered to donate $3large and $1.50 minis to the RSDSA.
So not only are we creating awareness but we are also helping to raise funds for research for a cure.

I, first want to thank Tara and Kellan from  Kelara Lacquers.  Not only did they agree to do it but they exceeded all of my expectations. They were beyond nice and so supportive of this project. They updated me EVERY step of the way. On top of that they are donating money to help us find a cure. I can't tell you how heart warming it is to have such a small company make such a huge difference.
So again Thank you. It has been a true pleasure working with you.

Secondly, I want to thank everyone who has supported me in this project. My husband, for listening to all my polish talk. I love you. To my kids for just being awesome amazing kids I love you 3. To Diane, Alexia and Jennifer Your support and friendship means more than I can ever express. I love you all. To all my family and friends, for always listening and being there.
Last but not least to RSD United and the RSD Community, for your support in everything i do. For not only buying this polish but getting everyone you know to also buy it. Further getting more people aware of what RSD is.
Though this is "just nail polish" it has the power to spread the word about RSD to Alot of people all over the world!!!


Lastly I want to thank all my readers and followers. This blog is getting bigger everyday. Thanks for taking the time to read what i have to say.

Peace, Love and Glitter,
🍰Raspberry Shortcake🍰



No comments:

Post a Comment