Pages I Like

Sunday, December 30, 2012

As 2012 comes to a close i look back......

2012 has been a pretty good year all in all.  It started off with family and friends.  I had also just recently opened up my RSD support group RSD United and invited my dear friend and fill in Mom, Diane to help me run it.  After some negativity and drama the group was off to a great start.  We finish off the year with 277 amazing members.  It has completely changed my life.  I have been able to help others get through some pretty rough times. I have taught what I know about RSD to anyone who would listen to me. I've lived with this for 24 years. With that comes tons of life expiriences.  Not only have I helped them These people have HELPED me in ways they could never imagine.  They help give me the strength to keep going, to keep fighting despite the pain.  Im reminded often that I can make it through the flares. Just as I do for others soooo many do for me.  I've formed bonds with some of these girls i could never have imagined. Starting this group has been one of the best choices I've ever made.  We had our 1st big get-together in August. Jim Broatch from the RSDSA even joined us. We followed that with the RSD walk for Pain in Cherry Hill, NJ.  Then we had a girls weekend down in Ocean City NJ a few weeks before the devasting Hurricane Sandy.  It was so much fun getting to meet others who were going through what I was. These girls are now life long friends.

This year was also filled with some changes for my family. My husband started working on some new business opportunities and hopefully our dreams and goals will be attainable in the next few years.  We completed our 1st year of home/cyber school. Both of my kids finishing the year on honor roll. It was truly the best choice i could've made for my kids. My son is actually reading books now!!! My girls have both decided on career paths for the future. Jill who is now almost 17 has decided she wants to continue on the culinary path and become a chef.  If we could just get her priorities and grades in check she will be set for a great future.  DeJah who is 15 has decided to attend Cosmetology school along with becoming a dance teacher. One day she plans to open her own studio and help follow in her dance teachers (Shanika and Mark) footsteps.  They have been great role models for DeJah and have enhanced not only her dancing abilities but her drive and passion.  She has also truly learned that if you really want something you have to work hard to get it.  She had a major upset but she picked her up and continues to keep striving for what she really wants.  My son Raheem jr is 7 now and growing soooo much everyday.  He started the year as a little boy and now is a handsome young man.  He is almost as tall as me.He is such an amazing kid.  He is so well behaved. I could not have asked for a better son. I know the woman who is lucky enough to marry my son will be the most loved and respected woman on Earth (next to me of course)

 I'm so proud of my kids. I'm so honored to be their mother.  My girls are both strong young women with bright futures and worlds of opportunities available to them.  They know they just have to put in the work and go after wjat they want!!
We enjoyed this year as a family as I know those moments are coming to an end as my kids get older.  But we try to make as many lasting memories for our kids as we can.  This past summer we rented a van and took the kids on a road trip to Florida to see their NaNa and Aunt and pick up their cousin for the rest of the summer.  It was interesting and fun. I enjoyed every moment we spent together and hope to do it again next year.  You never know life can change in the blink of an eye so I really want to life it to the fullest. Not only me but teach my children to do the same.

This year I have also joined up with a Nail Pal and started a Nail Facebook page called Mannicured Mommas. It has been an amazing success.  We've hosted several contests and giveaways with great results.  I've also started this blog.  Originally it was just for fun but now its become a passion of mine.  To share my love of nail polish, art, makeup and fashion with all of you.  I also had my 1st company ask me to review their products. How exciting is that for a new blogger? 


So as you see it's been an incredible year.  So many things to look forward to in 2013 though.  My husband and i will be taking several trips hopefully.  April we along with about 8 others will be going to Jamaica.  We rent a place so it's inexpensive.  But it's an experience like no other.  My husband and I are also planning to renew our wedding vows in April 2014. Again in Jamaica but this time surrounded by our children and family and friends.

I look forward to an exciting year on my blog. So many things I want to share with all of you!! So please stay tuned....

I want to end this by saying thank you to all of you who have taken the time to read, like and share my blog.  Without you all I'd be rambling to myself.
I want to wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.  Make this the best one yet!!!


Love, Peace and sparkles.
<3Raspberry Shortcake <3

No comments:

Post a Comment